This is a recipe my grandmother made a long time ago.
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2 T minced garlic
- 2 t sesme paste
- 1 1⁄4 t sugar
- 1 t peanut butter
- 1 t chilli oil
- 1 t rice wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 lb eggplant
- 2 green onion (scallion)
- Prepare eggplant. Cut off ends, score dimond cuts on the eggplant, (easy soak up flavor), cut into 2.5 inch chunks.
- Chop green onion into small pieces.
- Mix Soy sauce, Sesame Oil, Minced Garlic, Sesame Paste, Sugar, Peanut Butter, Chilli Oil, Rice Win Vinegar together.
- Put the eggplant in a bowl and pour the mix on top of the egg plant.
- Put the bowl into a steamer, steam until the eggplant is tender. (15 mins, high heat)
- Leave the bowl to cool, sprikle green onion.